Cooking with My Friends: Episode 4
Spinach & Mushroom BurgerFit Burger
Alane Boyd and Bryan Ladd film another installment of Cooking with My Friends in Alane’s Tennessee kitchen. Together, they cook a keto-friendly meal together featuring Alane’s spinach and mushroom BurgerFit burger.
Bryan’s story is truly inspirational. He started the keto diet after realizing he needed to make some lifestyle changes. In 6 months, he lost 100 lbs!
He made some delicious keto food in this episode, and even Alane’s dad, who typically refuses to eat vegetables, went back for a second helping! In this episode, Alane made the spinach & mushroom BurgerFit burger. Bryan made a keto appetizer and also a baked cauliflower dish.
You can view the full episode, and see just how to make the spinach and mushroom BurgerFit burger and Bryan’s keto dish, on YouTube.
Get the Recipe!
Spinach and Mushroom BurgerFit Burger
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 3 cups raw spinach
- 2 cloves garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb ground meat
- Heat a skillet on medium heat with 1 tablespoon cooking fat. Rough chop the mushrooms and saute with a ½ teaspoon of salt for about 10 minutes, until soft. For the last couple of minutes, add the spinach to the skillet to cook with the mushrooms.
- Once the spinach and mushrooms are cooked, put the spinach, mushrooms, garlic, and onion in the food processor (or finely chop). Let the mixture cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground meat and the remaining teaspoon of salt. Gradually incorporate the vegetable mixture into the ground meat. Add as much as you can while still being able to form your burgers as normal.*If you end up adding too much vegetable mixture, don’t worry! Just form your burgers and cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cook burgers on medium heat on the stove for 5 minutes on each side or to your preference. Cooking times can vary.
- Serve with your favorite cheese and condiments.
Try the Keto Dip Recipe!
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 avocado
- Mix sour cream and avocado together until desired consistency is achieved.
- Serve with carrots, celery, or your favorite veggie!
Get the Loaded Cauliflower Bake Recipe!
Loaded Cauliflower Bake
- 16 ounces frozen cauliflower steamable
- 1 cup sharp shredded cheese
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 pieces cooked bacon chopped
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp sriracha pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp parsley
- 1 Tbsp basil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the frozen cauliflower in a glass dish and microwave for a minute less than the recommended time. You don't want it too soft.
- In another glass dish, add the cheese, butter, and bacon, and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until well incorporated.
- Pour the cheese, butter, and bacon mixture over the cooked cauliflower and lightly mix.
- Top the cauliflower with some more cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower dish from the oven, and add seasonings and spices as desired.
- Mix the spices into the cauliflower dish.
Follow Alane & Cooking with My Friends
Cooking with My Friends is on Instagram @cookingwithmyfriendsofficial.
Alane Boyd is on Instagram @the_hurricanealane.
Subscribe to Cooking with My Friends on YouTube at Cooking with My Friends.
Alane created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. She has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013! Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated yet determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick, and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!
Follow Bryan Ladd Photography on: